Is your child resisting Potty Learning? Refusing to do what you are asking/what is needed? Are they afraid of the potty?
Many parents struggle with these more challenging aspects of potty training. This 50-minute course is packed with over 19 modules to help you work through problems in gentle ways that promote your child’s engagement and co-operation in potty training.
Based on therapeutic and attachment parenting techniques, each practical strategy is designed to help you harness the power of play, humour and empathy to overcome problems and build a strong relationship with your child. You will learn:
- How to manage accidents and use them as learning opportunities
- How to overcome resistance (when your child says no or refuses to do what you ask)
- What to do if your child just isn’t making progress
- How to help your child overcome fear of the potty
- How to manage regression/backsliding
- How to overcome poo or wee “holding”
- How to recognise constipation and know when to get help
- How to use play, toys or props to engage and teach your child
- How to role model for your child
- How to use empathy to communicate with your child to help them
- How to consider therapeutic storytelling as a tool for change
- When to use distraction and incentives
Additional downloads include a recommended supply list and discount codes for the Little Bunny Bear range of products (available on Etsy).